Fresher younger looking skin
IPL Photorejuvenation provides an effective way to correct sun damage, reduce uneven colour, smooth wrinkles, reduce acne, acne scarring and refine texture. IPL technology is based on the same principle as laser but emits a broad spectrum of pulsed light to reach several layers of the skin simultaneously. The results continue to improve long after the treatment, as IPL stimulates your own natural collagen to rebuild and rejuvenate the skin. A course of treatments are required to obtain optimum results, however this may vary according to individual requirement.
Using various IPL Light Filters we can treat a variety of conditions:
- Pigmented spots, freckles and sun damaged skin
- Unsightly small veins and capillaries on face and body
- Signs of aging with collagen damage
- Acne scarring, chickenpox and other scars
- Rosacea and other facial or body red discolouation
IPL rejuvenates the skin by primarily addressing the colour and texture of the skin
- Various wavelengths of light are used to photothermally damage target tissue; to remove pigmentation & capillaries/redness.
- Skin texture is refined by stimulating new collagen and causing collagen contracture through heating and mild inflammatory skin response.
- Light energy absorbed by the chromophores changes to heat energy effectively causing targeted destruction of the pigmented areas (brown or red)
- Skin texture improves through controlled dermal heating, and micro- wounding which activates growth factors and repair.
- Histological studies show dermal thickening with increased, organized arrayed bundles of normal collagen in the dermis caused by remodelling after IPL treatment.